Happy February! I feel like I’ve been seeing a lot of memes online about how January feels like it’s own year. January and February are personally two of my favorite months. Why? Because it’s like time finally slows down. I don’t feel pulled to go anywhere or be outside just because the weathers nice. I’m typically not travelling. It’s just me, my husband, and my dogs RELAXING at home, and that in itself is one of my favorite things! But not one I was going to put on my list… 🙂 Anyway, I wanted to share 5 things I’ve been loving this past month that I think you might like too!
1. Val Marie Paper Prayer Journal – One of my goals this year (more to come on my goals for the year in another post… a little late, I know!) is to pray more. Like, a lot more. I really wanted to be held accountable for the things I said I would pray for as well as remembering to pray for the little things in life! I found out about VMP Prayer Journal a couple years ago, but never pulled the trigger. I decided I’ve give it a try this year, and I’m SO GLAD I did, because my prayer life has been transformed! On top of having better conversations with God, I am much more aware of the way He is moving in my life – in the big and the small. Do yourself a favor and go snag one of the last annual journals left in the shop!
2. Instant Pot – Ok, so I’ve had this Instant Pot since the Amazon Annual Sale in July, but I let it since in my pantry because it intimidated me. I used it once last year and my chicken turned out so rubbery. But with this encouragement from my sister-in-law who loves hers, I gave it another shot, and it was love at second try. It’s a serious time saver! I’ve especially loved this recipe of Starbucks copy-cat egg white bites.
3. Tidying Up – Marie Kondo, Konmari method, Tidying Up. I’m pretty sure everyone has heard of at least one of those things since the New Year. Admittedly, I haven’t finished the whole Netflix series, but it didn’t take my long to implement her folding method on some of my “trouble spots” throughout the house (ahem… my closet). I got these cute bins from Target for my jeans/pants, and now there are no clothes on my closet floor. Score!
4. This swimsuit – Target does it again! I’m kind of picky about swimsuits. And last year, I only found one or two that I really liked. Well, this year is making up for it because I walked in Target a couple weeks ago and found not one… not two… but three suits I decided I couldn’t live without! And like I said, friends, that is RARE! This suit in particular though has me so excited for summer pool days. The scallops, the gingham, the pretty blue… Yes, yes, and YES!
5. Mrs. Meyers Honeysuckle Soap – I think I’m a little late to the Mrs. Meyers train, but when I was wasting time and spending money in Target (the same trip as the suit purchases, of course), I realized I needed new hand soap and I snagged some Mrs. Meyers. Honeysuckle has always been a favorite scent of mine, so I was thrilled when I got a good wiff of this soap! I’m never going back to any other kind. In fact, every sink in my house will soon be replaced with this stuff. It’s that good!